- Client Interview/Planning Phase
This is where we gather information to gain a solid understanding of your business and website project. Typically done via email this would include:
- Your company’s objectives
- Your target market
- Branding guidelines
- Your budget and timeline
- Amount of content your site will have
- Sitemap and Architecture
This phase includes:
- the development of your website navigation and site map
- keyword research – a listing of search terms that your target audience is likely to use to find your business
- Design Phase
Based on all the information gathered, we create mockups for your website to show you the look and feel. Upon your final approval of the mockups and receipt of the second 35% payment, we will then proceed to the following phase. Any changes to the design after you have given approval may incur extra charges.
- Development/Coding Phase
This is where we do the actual coding that creates your website’s pages. This is the point where you should have the final version of your website content ready already edited and proofread, with each web page a separate text file. In writing the copy for your website you should keep in mind the keyword research done in Phase two. Photos should be web ready (jpeg format). Extensive cropping or retouching of photos will incur additional fees.
- Content Insertion
The actual text for the site is entered.
- Testing Phase
Everything is checked for errors.
- We look for typos.
- We make sure that the forms have proper data validation and all information is properly captured.
- We ensure Google Analytics or other web analytics are properly tracking your website.
- We perform a Search Engine Readiness Check ensuring everything is correct with Meta Tags, Page Titles, Page Heading, Alt Image Tags, and Link Text.
- We do Browser Compatibility Testing on a variety of operating systems and browsers to insure proper display and functionality.
- We perform a Dead Link Check.
- Site Launch
- Final Payment is due before we take the website live on your domain.
- Launch Website – all necessary website files and scripts are copied to your domain and databases are setup.
- Error Testing – if the design and testing phase occurs on a different server, it is very important to once again verify that everything is working correctly after taking the website live.
- Website Files – if desired, after launch of the website, you are provided with a zipped archive of all website files.
- Website Maintenance
Once your site is up on the web, you don’t want to forget about it. Both visitors and search engine alike prefer to visit updated websites where content is added on a regular basis.